This Policy is a legally binding agreement between Bedouin Parfums, and you, an end user of our site and any products and services offered thereby, referred to as and also “you”, “your(s)” or “yourself”.
WHO WE ARE
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Bedouin Parfums BV., Meent 77C, 3011JE, Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
We have our headquarters in the Netherlands. Henceforth, your personal information may be accessed by us or our affiliates, agents, partners, advertisers or third party service providers elsewhere, and you hereby consent to such access and transfer by providing us such information. If you are accessing our Site from other regions, you ought to know that you are thereby transferring your information to the Netherlands and, thus, you hereby consent to such transfer to Netherlands or to any other country in which we operate.
INFORMATION COVERED BY THIS POLICY
This policy covers all personal information collected and used by Bedouin Parfums BV. In this policy, “personal information” means information or pieces of information that could identify you. This includes information such as your name, address, username, profile pictures, or email address, but could also include information such as your IP address, or information about your preferences and shopping habits.
If you do not wish to disclose any or part of your PI to us, you may still be able to use some of the functionalities of the site, though we will not be able to guarantee that you will be able to enjoy our products, services and benefits if you elect not to disclose it to us. Overall, your final remedies will be to close this web tab, delete your account with us and/or exit the site.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
We may collect information about you from different sources detailed below.
Information you give us:
You may choose to provide personal information to us, for example by filling in forms on our website, creating an account on our website, contributing on one of our social platforms, or contacting us by email, phone, live chat, or otherwise.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, health information, and user-generated content. If you login to one of our sites using social login, you will also be giving us access to your social data on the relevant social network.
Information we collect about you:
- Technical information, including your IP address, your login information, browser type and version, device identifier, location and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, page response times, and download errors;
- Information about your visit, including the websites you visit before and after our site and products you viewed or searched for;
- Length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Emails that we send as part of our marketing programmes use clear gifs (web beacons). These tell us whether the email has been opened. Web beacons can be turned off by not “enabling images” in an email.
We also collect information using cookies to understand how you interact with our advertising content, to make sure we’re delivering this is the most relevant way. We do this on our sites and on third party sites. See our Cookies Policy below for more information.
Information we receive and collect from other sources:
We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. We may also collect information about you from publicly available sources, including publicly available content on social media.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use your personal information to get in touch and provide you with services you have asked for. We may:
- Send you information about products and surveys that may be of interest to you (where you have consented to this), or offer you opportunities to participate in competitions or surveys;
- Contact you about a particular type of product where you have started a transaction but not finalised your purchase;
- Provide you with products or services that you request from us, including carrying out any actions required from your request e.g. process an order that you make (including payment and delivery), or setting up an account with us;
- Reach you on social media, either directly or through tailored advertising content;
- Give you updates on any changes to our service;
- Keep an up to date suppression list where you have asked not to be contacted, so we do not inadvertently re-contact you;
- Process your payments and protect against fraudulent transactions.
To provide you with a tailored and relevant experience. We may:
- Deliver relevant advertising tailored to your preferences to you directly on our website or when you visit other websites or social media channels, and measure the effectiveness of that advertising;
- Combine information we receive and collect from all sources to understand your interests and preferences, and provide you with an experience that is tailored to those interests and preferences e.g. by offering you products you are interested in first on our website, or sending you personalised offers or promotions by email (where you have agreed to receiving our emails), or offering you advertising content that is relevant to your interests;
- Offer you content that is relevant to your location e.g. invitations to events;
- Ensure our website, social media pages, and email content and is presented in the most efficient and effective manner for you, including remembering your preferences and interests.
To improve our site and content. We may:
- Administer, monitor, and improve our site, social media pages, and email content, including troubleshooting, analysis, testing of functions and different site design ideas;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
Otherwise as required or permitted by law.
DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may share your personal information within Bedouin Parfums, and with any division within the company, which means our subsidiaries, and our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may also share your information with trusted third parties. We rely on trusted third parties to perform a range of business operations on our behalf. We only provide them with the information they need to perform the service, and we require that they don’t use your information for any other purpose. We will always use our best efforts to ensure that all third parties we work with will keep your personal information secure. We may share your personal information with:
- Advertising, marketing, digital and social media agencies to help us to deliver advertising, marketing, and campaigns, to analyse their effectiveness, and to manage your contact and questions;
- Third parties required to deliver a product to you e.g. postal/delivery services;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; and
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score and verifying your details where this is a condition of entering into a contract with you.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Bedouin Parfums or a part of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers relating to those assets will be one of the transferred assets.
- In response to a valid request or subpoena from a government or law enforcement agency.
- To defend ourselves and our affiliates, licensors, officers, agents and representatives from legal claims and processes brought to us by third parties (including takedown notices).
- To defend the property, rights and integrity of any of our users, advertisers or licensors.
- To stop or cause to cease any actions that we may consider to cause –whether allegedly or factually– a contingency or liability.
- In other circumstances if we have your consent or we are permitted to do so by law.
We may also share non-personal information with third parties, such as aggregate user statistics, demographic information, and web site usage information.
We will never sell your personal information.
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The data that we collect from you will be stored within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and is therefore fully protected by EU data protection legislation. By providing us with your personal information, you agree to this. Upon the case where Bedouin Parfums specifically undertakes the process of personal data that has been duly disclosed by you to us, and that is subject to national legislation that implements the EU Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC), by clicking the “I Accept” button or otherwise accepting the terms and conditions of our services through a clickable action or similar action, you hereby acknowledge, agree and accept to such transfer.
IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure, and take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure, and require that trusted third parties who handle your personal information for us do the same. Your personal information is only accessible by a limited number of our employees who have special access rights.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Lastly, if you post information on a public forum, message board, blog or bulletin board, any personal information you elect to disclose therein there may or will be read, collected and/or used by other users of such forums and could be used by third parties to send you unsolicited messages.
Notice to EU Residents
Bedouin Parfums’ main business operations are located in the Netherlands. In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act and other European Union Directives, we are responsible for any and all factual or suspected security data breaches into our personal information databases, and are also required to notify our customers of any such factual or suspected breach (by email and/or post). A breach of security is defined as an “unauthorized access, or authorized access for an illegitimate purpose of personal information, that compromises the security, confidentiality or integrity of such personal information”.
Such notification will be subject to a variety of factors, including but not limited to, the type of personal information breached, whether the database was secured or not, type of key/cipher used, whether the personal information was factually or allegedly acquired by an unauthorized person, and whether misuse of the personal information is reasonably possible. Our customers can rest assured that we will undertake any and all necessary safety, managerial and technical measures in order to protect your personal information and our right to privacy.
LINKS TO SOCIAL LOGIN
We may offer you the functionality of using your social media and other third party credentials (e.g. Facebook and Google) to execute single-sign-on and interact with other users in the site, and in that manner we will also collect your personal information as it is provided to us by such third party platforms; such as your photos, info of your social media contacts and their common contacts, login data and profile information such as “about me”, “friend lists” and “interests”. We will not collect more information when using such credentials beyond the information such third parties generally disclose to us via their services. For more information, please refer to the terms and policies of such platforms.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND USER GENERATED CONTENT
Please remember that any content submitted to one of our social platforms can be viewed by the public, and you should be cautious about providing certain personal information e.g. financial information or address details via these platforms. We are not responsible for any actions taken by other individuals if you post personal information on one of our social media platforms.
It’s important that you are able to control your personal data. You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, ask us to update or delete your personal information, and not to be contacted by us if you do not wish to be. If you have an account with us, you can sign in to that account to update your personal information. Our optional email newsletters are considered commercial electronic messages, not personal in nature, and therefore you may subscribe or unsubscribe from them at will, usually on your account settings, or by following the unsubscribe links contained therein.
If you want to control which cookies are used, please see our Cookies Policy below.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we treat your personal information, or would like to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
Our site may display hyperlinks to the websites of our commercial partners and other third parties. If you click on such links, you are choosing to visit such websites, and will be redirected there. Please take into consideration that we are not responsible for the privacy and personal data practices undertook by such third parties (including any tools, cookies, information or content contained thereunto), and that we do not have control over the manner in which such third-parties may collect, process, treat or use your personal information.
We use third-party payment processors to manage any transactions undertook through the site. The processing of payments will be subject to the fees, terms, conditions and privacy policies of such payment processors. Bedouin Parfums is not responsible for any and all errors by the payment processors.
WHAT ARE THEY?
A cookie is a small file that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your device so that the website can remember who you are.
DO I WANT TO STOP THEM?
Many cookies are used to enhance the usability or functionality of a website; therefore disabling cookies may prevent you from using certain parts of this website. We explain the cookies we use in the table below and give you a button by which you can block the optional cookies.
If you do not make either choice then you will be treated as having accepted all cookies on this site. You can change your mind in subsequent visits and use the buttons below to change your cookie status for our site.
If you wish to restrict or block all the cookies which are set by our website (which as we say may prevent you from using certain parts of the site), or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how. For more information go to www.aboutcookies.org.
WHICH COOKIES ARE BEING USED ON THIS SITE?
We use four types of cookies on this site – those that are strictly necessary for the website to function, functionality cookies, performance and analytics cookies, and targeted/advertising cookies.
Strictly Necessary cookies: These are cookies that may be required for system administration, to prevent fraudulent activity, or for a shopping cart function. These cookies cannot be switched off.
Functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance and simplify your user experience. For example, they may record information about previous choices you have made, remember your password, or allow video or social media content to be properly viewed on the website.
Analytics and Performance cookies: These are used for internal purposes to help us provide you with an improved user experience e.g. to assess the performance of a website, or to test different design ideas for the website. We often work with third party research companies to perform these services for us, so these cookies may be set by a third party. Third party cookies and analytics or performance cookies are set out in the list below.
Targeting and advertising cookies: These cookies may be used to deliver relevant and tailored content (including advertising content) to you, and also to evaluate the effectiveness of that content. Content may be delivered on our website, or on a third party website. We often work with third parties to deliver this content, so some of these cookies may be set by a third party. You can opt out of them by not accepting cookies when asked. Note however by opting out of these cookies you do not opt out of receiving advertising content altogether; you will instead receive general content that does not take into account your interests and preferences.
|Yes||Google Analytics is used to collect information about how visitors use our website. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited on the site. This information is then used by Google to make reports for us and to help us improve the site. For more information visit: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/||These cookies remain on your computer after the session has finished.|
|UserSession||Yes||Allows you to login by storing a unique identifier we can use to recognise you as a unique user.||1 Month|
There may be additional cookies managed by third parties, for example:
- Social Media Networks and Third Party Content.On our website we may use social networking icons and sometimes embed video content from websites such as YouTube. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube, or click on a social network icon that takes you to a that social network, you will be presented with third party cookies from YouTube or that site as applicable. We do not control these cookies and you need to check with the applicable third party website for more information.
From time to time, we may use Google Analytics, Ad Words, Double Click and/or Ad Sense tracking codes, and other third party software tools (such as remarketing codes) in order to collect information and marketing analytics about the manner in which you browse our site. These ads served will be targeted based on your previous browsing history, and may include retargeting codes.
In order to enforce and uphold your right to privacy, you have the option to elect not to receive this type of advertising from us or third parties, now or in the future. You can learn more about how to opt-out by browsing Google’s opting-out and privacy pages located at www.google.com, or the Network Advertising Initiative website located at www.networkadvertising.org. In addition, you may set browser, mobile device and computer system preferences for how other third parties serve ads to you.
Any changes we may make to our Privacy and Cookies Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Date of last effective update is April 28th, 2017.